HOW TO GET A PROMOTION?
Every good thing in life comes with a price. When we are talking about how to get a promotion, it’s not just a good thing; it’s possibly the best thing for an employee! I mean, who doesn’t love getting promoted? It feels amazing when all your hard work results in recognition and rewards! But as good as it feels to get a promotion; the price to pay is higher as well!
Getting a promotion is no cakewalk, reason being why not everybody gets promoted. It takes much more than doing your job. There are a bunch of Do’s and Do not’s. We here at JobsBuffet.com want to guide you through it. Let’s start!
9 Things You Should Never Do:
- Never keep bothering your boss about promotion.
- Do not show off your skills too much.
- Stop procrastinating on your work.
- Stop complaining too much.
- Stop showing up late in the office.
- Don’t mix personal and professional life.
- Avoid bad interpersonal relationships.
- Don’t work just for the sake of money.
- Don’t chat too much inside the office.
9 Things You Must Do:
- Dress accordingly for the job you want.
- Portray all your strengths and skills appropriately.
- Be productive and efficient in whatever you do.
- Learn proper conflict management.
- Maintain a small and good circle of co-workers.
- Be goal oriented, collaborative and hard working.
- Learn extra skills and courses that others don’t have.
- Show leadership, potential and problem-solving skills.
- Keep learning and updating your skill-set.
With these small but effective steps, you will be able to achieve the desire promotion in no time, however there are lot other factors on how to get a promotion at workplace. Still you need to make sure you inculcate these in your daily habits. All the Best!